Anthony D. Tilton | Partner
Anthony D. Tilton joined the firm in September 2013. Anthony’s practice focuses on all aspects of construction law. He works primarily on matters relating to OSHA defense. This includes the management and development of safety and health strategies for construction contractors and industrial facilities across the United States. Anthony’s OSHA practice concentrates on litigation and the appeals process for citations involving catastrophic construction or industry related accidents.
Although Anthony’s mother would not allow him on the scaffolding until he was at least 5 years old, he was considered to be an excellent tool runner for his brother until he was old enough to take up the hammer along side his mother, father, and older brother.
Anthony has been involved in the construction industry his entire life, due in part to being raised in a family of carpenters, residential home builders, and commercial contractors. Anthony and his brothers learned the trade at a very young age from their father while growing up in rural North Georgia. In 2004, he began his professional career in construction with Tilton Builders, LLC in Beaufort, South Carolina. There he served on crews performing framing, hardwood floor installation, and a variety of other residential remodels and new home construction.
Following his work in residential building, he began working in 2005 for Alloy Industrial Contractors, Inc., a company out of Savannah, Georgia serving Southeast Georgia in a variety of custom metal fabrication and installation projects. In 2007, Anthony returned to North Georgia where he served as a Safety Officer and Site Supervisor for South Eastern Contracting Services, LLC, another commercial contractor completing demolitions and remodels on retail shopping spaces in and around Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to law school in 2009, he served as a finish carpenter for Jenkins Contractors, Inc. in Danielsville, Georgia. There he learned under master carpenters and brick masons on complex custom remodels and new home construction throughout the North Georgia area.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- The University of Georgia, B.A., cum laude
- The United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida Tampa, Florida, January 2013 to April 2013, Legal Intern
- The Office of Civil and Regional Counsel for the 12th Judicial Circuit Bradenton, Florida, April 2012 to August 2012, Legal Intern
- Jenkins Contractors, Inc., Danielsville, GA, May 2009 to August 2010, Carpenter
- South Eastern Contracting Services, LLC, Colbert, GA, January 2007 to May 2009, Site Supervisor and Safety Officer
- Alloy Industrial Contractors, Inc., Savannah, GA, September 2004 to May 2005, Laborer
- Tilton Builders, LLC, Beaufort, SC, May 2004 to September 2004, Laborer
- Tampa Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2018
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite Up & Comer, 2017
- OSHA 10-hour safety training certification, License Number 10984486
- OSHA 30-hour safety training certification, License Number 11233224
- OSHA Asbestos Competent Person Certification
- OSHA Onsite Roofing Supervisor Course Certification
- Florida Certified Building Contractor (License No. CBC1260542)
- Florida Bar (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida (2014)
- Jody Wilson Constr., Inc., Respondent., 2018 O.S.H. Dec. (CCH) ¶ 33661 (CMPAU Feb. 28, 2018)
- “Know Your Rights: A Roofers Guide to Safely Navigating an OSHA Inspection,” Roofing Magazine, September 2014
- “Know Your Rights: The Fifty Foot Exception for Personal Fall Arrest Systems,” Construction Executive, September 2014
- “Is Your Company Safety Policy Ready for an OSHA Inspection? The Documents, Manuals, and Programs Your Business Needs to Defeat an OSHA Citation,” Coatings Pro, May 2015
- “Complying with OSHA’s Recordkeeping Requirements: The Documents, Logs, and Records Every Builder, Developer, and Contractor Must Maintain In Accordance with Federal Laws,” Builder and Developer (June 2015).
Selected Professional and Civic Activities
- The Tile Roofing Institute, General Counsel
- Associated Builders & Contractors
- Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Contractors Association
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- Pinellas County Contractors Association
- West Coast Roofing Contractors Association
- Palm Beach County Roofing Contractors Association
- Central Florida Roofing Contractors Association
- Roofing Contractors of South Florida Association
- American Bar Association Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee Member
- Calvin A. Kenzel Student Bar Association, Elected Official – Stetson University College of law
- Rich Nenezian and Jim Jones Memorial Scholarship Recipient (2012 & 2013)
- Rotary Scholarship Recipient (2004)
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honors Society – The University of Georgia
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honors Society – The University of Georgia
- Rotary Club of Madison County
- University of Georgia Rugby Team (2006-2009)