Ashlee B. Poplin | Partner
Ashlee B. Poplin joined Cotney Construction Law in 2020 and is based out of the firm’s Charlotte, North Carolina office. Her practice areas include contract review & drafting, lien law, bond law, insurance related matters, and civil litigation. Ashlee has been recognized for three consecutive years (2018-2020) as a Rising Star for Civil Litigation by North Carolina Super Lawyers.
Ashlee graduated with honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. in both Psychology and Political Science and a minor in Women’s Studies. Ashlee attended law school at Campbell University where she obtained her J.D. in 2013. While at Campbell, Ashlee competed in several trial advocacy competitions across the nation winning the 2013 American Association for Justice Regional Competition and reaching the semi-finals at the national level; she also served as Director of the Pro Bono Council for the law school during her time there, helping to assist programs and citizens in the community that did not have the ability to obtain the legal resources they needed.
Ashlee has also worked with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools coordinating their Truancy Court Tour Program for at risk youth and their families to foster positive relationships and interactions with educators and judges. Ashlee is licensed in both North and South Carolina. She is a member of the North and South Carolina Bar Associations.
- Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- Cotney Construction Law, Associate Attorney, February 2020-July 2020, July 2020-present, Partner
- Wilson Jones Carter Baxley, Associate Attorney, January 2017-January 2020
- Clawson & Staubes, LLC, Associate Attorney, September 2013-January 2017
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2018-2020
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina